Monday, March 9, 2009

How did I get started?

This should have been my FIRST blog... how did I get started into this business. I get that question almost everyday, either from friends or callers. So let me tell you a little bit about how it all got started.

Since I moved to Vegas, I have been searching and searching for a job, and nothing came my way. For over a year, I got turned down left and right at the job interviews. So one night, I was watching the show on the WE channel "Secret Lives of Women" and their topic for the week was "phone sex operators". One of the ladies they had on there that was being interviewed was talking about how she loves her job as a Phone Actress because she gets to stay at home and talk on the phone all day. Plus she kept bragging on and on about how much money she makes in a week. (which is always a good thing). The next day, I signed up with the company that I work for today. There wasn't an interview, but more of the question of "when can you work and how many hours can you work?" That was my interview. The company assigned me a special name for a white girl and a different name for the transsexual girl. (yes I forgot to mention that. Us ladies must pretend to be transsexual girls for the callers that call those special numbers). Once I signed a contract with them for the payroll, I was good to go. The only special requirement I needed to have to work for the company (other than a working land line telephone) was AIM. All the dispatchers are on AIM and the only way to communicate with them is through AIM. That is where we give them the callers time after they are finished, or when the callers need more time than what they originally asked for. Sometimes we all chit chat through the AIM when it's a slow day.

This is how it basically works. The men call the service, 900 numbers or whatever they need to do to connect with the ladies. Then, once the men give out their credit cards to the dispatchers, the dispatchers call us at home with the name and information of what the men are looking for. A lot of the times, the men ask for specific looks in the ladies, such as white female with large breasts. It's the job of the dispatcher to find one of the girls that can PLAY that part (which is why we're called ACTRESSES). A lot of men do not know this, since everything is hidden behind the telephone and the callers cannot see us anyway. Sometimes I will play an Asian girl, or sometimes a blond girl with short hair. I have even played a black girl at times with a southern accent. Whatever the dispatcher tells me what the caller is looking for, I must transform into that type of girl.

So thats how I got into the job. It's a lot of fun and YES, the money is awesome. BUT, I only get paid when I'm on the call. When I'm sitting around waiting for the calls, I do not get paid. During that time, I turn into a house wife and clean or get dinner ready. But once that phone rings, I have to put everything down and take that call. For example, I'm on call right now and yet I'm chatting online with three friends and yet writing in my blog. haha

"On the telephone line I am anyone, I am anything, I want to be." - Savage Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment